Following the events of the tragic Downey House Fire, Waynesburg Borough Council purchased this engine at a cost of $12,500. Originally known as Truck No. 2, this 1925 American-LaFrance type 75 , triple combination pumping, chemical, and hose car, is equipped with a 750 gallon per minute capacity rotary gear pump, a six cylinder T-head engine capable of 105 horsepower. Other unique features of this truck are: a dual ignition furnished by a high tension magneto and an auxiliary battery system, a 40 gallon Champion chemical tank, three speed manual transmission with a chain driven rear axle, and wooden wheels.
The Waynesburg – Franklin Twp. Volunteer Fire Company has continuously retained ownership of this vehicle since its formation. This cherished piece of our history has undergone restoration efforts in 1955, 1978, 2008, and most recently in 2014 when it was completely restored at a cost of $150,000. The restoration was performed by Ron's Garage in Eighty-Four, PA. It can be seen through the windows of the Annex Building were it is proudly displayed and also in various parades and festivals where it is a favorite of many judges for being the oldest authentically restored engine.
2009 Kenworth 3000 Gallon Tanker, This truck has a 3000 Gallon Polytank and a 500 GPM pump. The chassis is a 2009 Kenworth with a 360 HP Cummins Engine and Allison Automatic Transmission. It was purchased from Fouts Bros. Fire Equipment in Atlanta, Georgia. This tanker is housed at the Waynesburg Station.
1917 Commerce Fire Truck, Graham Truck Chassis
1917 Commerce Fire Truck mounted on two-ton Graham Truck Chassis. This apparatus was the only Borough Fire Truck at the time of the Downey House fire on December 23, 1925. However, it lacked a self-starter to be of any help from its stored location behind the courthouse. The borough had purchased it through the Mt. Morris Motor Company for $1,900. When the company formed in 1926, they had the two-ton Graham Truck Chassis mounted on for $1,500. It stored ladders, 150-feet of chemical hose, 1,200-feet of water hose, a 40-gallon chemical tank and two portable chemical tanks. Along with the equipment, eight men could be transported between locations. The last recorded active use of this vehicle was only four times in 1937.
1930 Mack Ladder Truck
1930 Mack Ladder Truck, cost $1,000, acquired 1931 Purchased from the American LaFrance and Foamite Corporation, this truck had originally been the #1 ladder truck of the Rutherford, New York, Fire Department. The truck was sold in 1948 by the borough and the ladders were removed and placed on the west wall of the engine house.
1948 Ford Pumper
1948 Ford Pumper, acquired in 1948 at a cost $10,374, this engine was equipped with a 600-GPM pump. This vehicle, used a Ford-F-8 chassis on which an American-Marsh pump, body and equipment were mounted upon. The cost to Fox Motor Company was $4,048 and the cost to the American Fire Apparatus Company was $6,326. In 1968, the vehicle was converted into a water wagon. Later, in November 1980, it was sold at auction for $2,000.
1980 American-LaFrance Pumper
1980 American-LaFrance Pumper,purchased in 1980 at a cost $137,175,this engine was equipped with a 1,500-GPM pump, 1,000 gallons of water and an 8V92T diesel engine and automatic transmission. It was sold to Rices Landing Volunteer Fire Department July 2000 for $55,000.