The Waynesburg - Franklin Twp. Volunteer Fire Company has engaged the services of the Knox Company to provide a Rapid Entry System for properties in our response area.
Fire departments across the country use the Knox® System to prevent costly forced entry damage while protecting property and lives. Knox key boxes, vaults and cabinets hold building entrance keys, electronic access cards and vital emergency information. Knox key switches and padlocks provide fire department access through property gates.
As the property owner, you purchase a KNOX-BOX® device then mount it near your building entrance or property gate according to fire department guidelines. Firefighters use a unique high security Knox® Master Key to open KNOX-BOX devices in their jurisdiction.
*Ten Reasons to Install a KNOX-BOX®
- Eliminate needless, costly forced entry damage that may not be covered by your insurance deductible.
- Assure immediate building entry by firefighters without delay or waiting for building keys.
- Protect inventory, equipment and supplies from unnecessary water damage caused by delayed sprinkler shut-off.
- Satisfy local fire codes and emergency access ordinances.
- Save time and aggravation by not having to drive to your building at 2:00 am for a false alarm.
- Feel secure about emergency coverage when your building is left unattended. The fire department holds the only key to the KNOX-BOX.
- Maintain building security after a fire alarm investigation by simply re-locking the undamaged door.
- Protect your property from thousands of dollars in damage with this one-time, low-cost investment.
- Depend on the highest lock box security available with attack resistant, UL tested reliability.
- Over the last 30 years, KNOX-BOX has been the chosen solution in more than 10,000 communities nationwide - communities just like yours!
*Ordering a Knox Box is simple. You can either contact the fire company at 724-627-5426 and request an information packet or go directly to www.knoxbox.com and order online. Once you get the Knox Box installed, contact the Fire Company and we will come out and lock your keys in the Knox Box.
However you choose to order a Knox Box, make sure you tell them that it is for the Waynesburg - Franklin Twp. Volunteer Fire Company, Waynesburg, PA. The company does charge a $25.00 re-keying fee to make the system work with our keys.